Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snow in Kiev in Spring

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated you all in a while!  It's been quite busy around here with life and work, and now the weather!

To give you an idea of what we experienced this weekend, you can watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D-NwY6zgp5o


They actually shut down all public transportation, and especially in certain parts of the city there are absolutely no buses running, so people are all walking.  Almost no one is driving because even if you can dig your car out of the snow, it is almost impossible to drive on the roads.


It seems that the government just doesn't have enough resources to handle the meter or more or snow we've had in the past 3 days in Kiev.


All this has got me thinking about God more and more, and how He purposefully gave us this weather.


I read recently from Proverbs, "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Prov 19:21


And also "That people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things." Isaiah 45:6-7


I often look around at people when I'm outside and think about Ukrainians, and how most of them believe that they are in control of their own lives.  Even professing Orthodox believers live in ways that show that they don't respect or believe in God's sovereign control of their lives.  This plain idolatry makes me realize more and more how much people in Kiev need to know who God really is!  


My husband and I know that God gave us this weather for a reason, and that is most likely, we think to show His power and control of everything to the people.  We know that even in such an amazing storm as this people will still not realize what God is telling them, but we hope and pray that we can reach out to some people, especially in our english club, and talk about the real meaning behind all these events, and what they mean for us.


Pray for us that the weather will clear up soon, and even if it doesn't, please pray that we will still have the opportunities to share the gospel with people in Kiev.




No comments:

Post a Comment