Friday, December 7, 2012

Future Grace

Recently, in English club we've been studying the bible about Jesus's birth, to prepare our minds or Christmas.  Amazingly, at this time of the year, which normally brings me so much joy, I haven't felt the same.

Well, this year the circumstances of my life are dramatically different than last year:  I now live in a foreign country, I got married, I started full time missionary work, I switched my work (at least for now) from nutrition and dietetics to teaching English as a foreign language...etc.

So many things are different now than they were just one year ago...

However, one thing I've realized is still the same:
The Lord, God in Heaven.
He never changes, always remains the same, and is always right here when I need Him.

I realized after a few months being in Ukraine just how easy my life was in America, and because the difficulty of my life increased when I came to Ukraine, it forced me to rely on God for help, at least more than I did in the past.

Relying on God more helped me to grow tremendously, spiritually speaking.  I have gone through a very rapid period of sanctification, and I am so thankful for it.

One of the things that has been helping me, is drawing near to God, and confessing when I sin...
 James 4:8  "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Admitting my weakness and need for God not only brought me closer to God, but gave me immense joy in my hardships and the "peace of God, which passes all understanding" Phil 4:7

Another thing that has helped me is quality time with God every day, amazing sermons by John Piper, Francis Chan, etc, and good books like "Future Grace".

My husband also read "Future Grace" by John Piper and he says there was life before "Future Grace" and life after "Future Grace".  The book completely changed the way my husband and I look at God's grace, and his future plans for us.  It helped us realize the roots of many sins, which altogether is simply put as the lack of faith in God's future grace.  Piper describes future grace as every act of grace and good plan that God has for us in the future, such as it says in Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."


I recommend this book to everyone who has the desire to grow in their faith in God.  In Russian, the book is called: ГРЯДУЩАЯ БЛАГОДАТЬ – ДЖОН ПАЙПЕР

When I realized exactly how good and true the promises of the bible are, I realized what future grace meant to me.  

There's a million things I could tell you about this book, but it's easier for you to just read and discover them for yourself.

English:
http://www.amazon.com/Future-Grace-John-Piper/dp/1590521919

Russian:
http://ru.inlumine.org/knigi/griadushaya-blagodat/

Here's a sermon by John Piperon the same topic that the book's about:

 http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/sermons/living-by-faith-in-future-grace




Please pray for our English clubs, especially for the student's hearts; that they will come to understand the gospel and have a saving faith in Jesus Christ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment