Monday, July 2, 2012

The beginning



I've never had a blog before, but I’ve decided to try to maintain one since I will be abroad from July - October doing missionary work.  This blog will cover my thoughts and experiences while in Ukraine.   While I’m in Ukraine, my friends and family can use this blog to keep tabs on what I’m doing in Ukraine, and how God is working through me to accomplish his good purposes.

I'll be in California with my family for the next 2.5 weeks and then I'm off to Ukraine.
Until I leave I have much to accomplish, but through God’s power I’ll get it all done and I hope to leave for Ukraine with a prepared heart and mind so I can be effective in my ministry there.

You may wonder: What's the "root of all bliss?"
Well, it's a pretty simple truth I learned a long time ago, even before God was even a major part in my life.
The definition of "bliss" is perfect happiness; great joy.
Well that is the essence of what I feel about my relationship and faith in God.
Some scripture I think about, when I think of God as my source of joy:
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

1 Peter 1:8-9 Though you have not seen him, you love him.  Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that in inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

That's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment