Monday, July 2, 2012

Preparing for the next step!

After 4 years of undergraduate, a 1 year internship and the last 7 weeks of studying I passed the Registration Exam for Dietitians and now I am officially a Registered Dietitian (As of June 30).

It is more of a relief than anything to be done, because now I can focus all my energy and prayers on preparing for ministry in Ukraine.

I'm hoping to use all my education and experience to find a way to help the children at the orphanages I'll be volunteering at.  In 2.5 weeks I'll be in Vorzel, Ukraine at an orphanage that houses many children from the age of 2-8.  A ot of these children have special needs and fortunately, God has given me some special knowledge about how to care for the nutritional needs of healthy and special needs children.  We'll see what God does!

Some of the things I am praying about over the next 2.5 weeks are:
1. For my heart to be prepared for the many challenges I will face living in another country:

  • The Russian and Ukrainian languages
  • Large transportation differences (I've only been on the Kiev metro a few times, and never had to take a bus in the city last time I was in Ukraine)
  • Differences in general living conditions - this should be the less challenging part
2. For God to help me find English students and help them to learn English and introduce them to Jesus

3. For God to help me see His will clearly, and to know if i should stay in Ukraine longer than the three months (to work) or return to the US to find a job as a Dietitian

Please pray for these things, and I will update again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment