Saturday, July 14, 2012

Do not be anxious about anything...


Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."



Today I spent time with two of my friends who I met last summer through Young Life and church. 


I met with the each individually to spend some one on one time, catch up and talk about the future (as well as how we will keep in touch).  I was so glad to see them, and it was a little hard to say goodbye, because they are amazing women of Christ, and I value their companionship so much!  


It was also a little surreal because the time is closely approaching when I'll be leaving, but it doesn't feel like I'm about to do something that radical, and in a way it doesn't even feel like I'm going to be leaving behind anything, just moving into a new stage in life.  I guess that's a good thing!


I've been praying about this mission for so long that it has finally sunk in as, this is where I'm supposed to be, otherwise, I think I wouldn't be as calm as I am leaving behind everything I know here in the states for such a long period of time.  Don't get me wrong, 3 months isn't really that long, but it's the longest mission trip I've taken so far, and it's the longest I'll be in a foreign country up to this point.  


The unfamiliar and uncertain things used to make me feel a little worried, but thanks to a lot of prayer and preparation, I finally feel ready to go out and serve in Ukraine.


I know there will be a lot of hard things about being there, especially because my Russian is still so bad ;).  However, I am incredibly encouraged by my friends in the church in Kiev, and I know that I have plenty of people back here in the states, and over in Ukraine who are praying for my time in Ukraine.  


I am so thankful for all my friends and family who have supported me financially, and who will be praying for me while I'm in Ukraine.  Your prayers mean so much to me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment